Coeur d'ALENE, Idaho... Coeur d'Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun. Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing...
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho — A Coeur d’Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun.
Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing a house at the Gozzer Ranch development near Harrison when co-workers found him with a nail from a nail gun piercing his skull, the Kootenai County sheriff’s office said Thursday. Huhtala, an employee of Edwards Construction, Inc., was taken to Kootenai Medical Center, where he died Wednesday evening.
The accident was being investigated by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the sheriff’s department said.
Fellow employees told investigators Huhtala was working alone and no one witnessed the accident.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Offended' Seattle U professor admits taking copies of student newspaper after it published photo of performer in drag
- Washingtonians are less religious than ever, Gallup poll finds | FYI Guy
- Washington lawmakers violated state constitution when rewriting police deadly force laws, judge says
- 8 months after farmed-fish escape, lively Atlantic salmon caught 40 miles upriver
- The professor, the cop and the student: A tale of sex and deception in San Juan County