Coeur d'ALENE, Idaho... Coeur d'Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun. Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing...
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho — A Coeur d’Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun.
Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing a house at the Gozzer Ranch development near Harrison when co-workers found him with a nail from a nail gun piercing his skull, the Kootenai County sheriff’s office said Thursday. Huhtala, an employee of Edwards Construction, Inc., was taken to Kootenai Medical Center, where he died Wednesday evening.
The accident was being investigated by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the sheriff’s department said.
Fellow employees told investigators Huhtala was working alone and no one witnessed the accident.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
- I-1639 the most ambitious effort at gun regulation in Washington state’s history
- Controversy heats up over removal of Lower Snake River dams as orcas suffer losses VIEW
- Seattle may be warmer than usual this fall, meteorologists say
- Washington's top Republican congressional candidates say they don't need a Trump visit