Coeur d'ALENE, Idaho... Coeur d'Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun. Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing...
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho — A Coeur d’Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun.
Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing a house at the Gozzer Ranch development near Harrison when co-workers found him with a nail from a nail gun piercing his skull, the Kootenai County sheriff’s office said Thursday. Huhtala, an employee of Edwards Construction, Inc., was taken to Kootenai Medical Center, where he died Wednesday evening.
The accident was being investigated by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the sheriff’s department said.
Fellow employees told investigators Huhtala was working alone and no one witnessed the accident.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?