PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) — The Washington State University chapter of the College Republicans wants to build another replica of a border wall on the Pullman campus to show support for President Donald Trump’s immigration proposal.
The club’s president is soliciting $2,500 on GoFundMe.com to pay for tools, building materials and any other costs.
The Spokesman-Review says this would be a sequel to a demonstration the club held in October 2016, when conservative students erected an 8-foot plywood wall featuring the word “TRUMP” in gold paint. That prompted a large protest on WSU’s Glenn Terrell Mall.
WSU spokesman Phil Weiler says the College Republicans initially planned to stage the demonstration on Nov. 27 but postponed it because they hadn’t raised enough money. It wasn’t clear if a new date for the event has been scheduled.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com