The climber suffered a back injury after he slipped and fell about 20 feet at the Index Town Wall.
INDEX — A climber who was injured in a fall at a popular climbing area near the Snohomish County town of Index was rescued and airlifted to a local hospital.
The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office was called at about 10:45 a.m. Saturday to help an injured climber at the Index Town Wall.
Spokeswoman Courtney O’Keefe says the climber had slipped and fell about 20 feet. He sustained a back injury.
Fire personnel reached the climber at the base of the wall. After providing medical care, the rescue team moved the man to a small clearing.
Most Read Local Stories
- Two attacked by cougar identified; wildlife officials say predator was ‘emaciated'
- 1 bicyclist dead, 1 hurt in cougar attack near Snoqualmie VIEW
- Washington’s hidden Glacier Peak volcano is among the most dangerous
- Norovirus sickens 56 at 4 Seattle-area restaurants
- $12 million a mile: Here’s how bike-lane costs shot sky high in Seattle
The SnoHAWK10 helicopter transported the climber to Providence Regional Medical Center.
His condition was not immediately known.