SPANAWAY, Wash. (AP) — Classes are canceled Monday for students at Bethel Acceleration Academy in Spanaway, Washington after a fire broke out Saturday night.
KIRO-TV reports that the school district is already stretched thin and now has to find another option for the 230 students who attend the school.
Central Pierce Fire and Rescue said there were heavy flames on the exterior of the building when fire crews arrived.
Pierce Central Fire and Rescue Captain Darrin Shaw says there was a lot of smoke damage on the inside.
Most Read Local Stories
- Redmond officer who killed woman had been fired from another law-enforcement agency
- Boy hurt in Seattle hit-run; his mother hopes sharing photos will keep the focus on finding the driver
- King County omicron cases decline as 'second chapter' of surge gains steam in Eastern Washington
- 23 charged with staging Tri-Cities car crashes in nearly $1M fraud ring
- Missing Trump? Democrats seem lost without him, while the local GOP surges back from the dead
Jody Miller, one of the property owners, said they’re wondering if someone set the fire because the flames were on the outside of the building.
Susan Miller, another property owner, says it seems suspicious.
Fire investigators have ruled nothing out.
Information from: KIRO-TV, htthttp://www.kirotv.com/index.html