The alleged victim said he arranged to meet the woman after seeing her post on Craigslist. Both defendants are being held in jail on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder and first-degree robbery. The woman is also suspected of first-degree burglary.
A Clark County man was allegedly clubbed and robbed by the boyfriend of a supposed prostitute when he met the woman for sex.
Police say the prostitute and boyfriend had planned the alleged robbery together.
The suspects, Jacob E. Diepenbrock, 40, of Aloha, Ore., and Danielle L. Azevedo, 24, of Vancouver, made first appearances Thursday in Clark County Superior Court.
Both defendants are being held in jail on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder and first-degree robbery.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022
Diepenbrock is also suspected of first-degree burglary.
According to court documents, the alleged victim, Greg Kappler, said he arranged to meet the woman after seeing her post on Craigslist. The woman who went by “Karizma” requested to meet him at his Hazel Dell house Tuesday night.
During their meeting, Azevedo left the man’s bedroom and her boyfriend entered, allegedly clubbing Kappler repeatedly, according to court documents.
When Kappler was able to retrieve a handgun, the two fled.
Kappler was hospitalized at Peace Health Southwest Medical Center with serious injuries, including a concussion, according to court documents.