SEQUIM — The principal at a small Christian school in Sequim has been charged with child rape and molestation of students.
KING-TV reports Douglas Allison was charged Friday with eight counts of molestation and four counts of rape involving two girls, ages 10 and 11.
Police say they believe the 55-year-old targeted the two girls in his fifth through eighth grade classroom.
Allison and his wife are the only two teachers at Mountain View Christian School, operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Most Read Local Stories
- The 'fifth wave' of COVID-19 is here. What you should know about the delta variant and masking
- They were driven from their land in 1877 by U.S. soldiers. Now the Nez Perce tribe is home again.
- Wildfires, smoke bring early end to Winthrop's tourism season
- Coronavirus daily news updates, July 30: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Hiker from Washington state found dead in Death Valley National Park during triple-digit heat
He remains in jail on $100,000 bail.