The fourth floor of the chemistry building at the University of Washington was evacuated while the Seattle Fire Department investigated a small chemical spill.
The Seattle Fire Department has sounded the all-clear after a reported chemical spill prompted part of the University of Washington chemistry building to be evacuated Friday morning.
The spilled material turned out to be mineral oil and posed no danger, according to the fire department.
The spill was discovered in room 412 by UW police. A fire department hazmat team investigated while the fourth floor was evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
Most Read Stories
- It looked ugly on TV, but Doug Baldwin’s uncontrolled emotion helped Seahawks beat Giants
- I-5’s Uncle Sam billboard: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Amazon receives 238 bids for its second headquarters
- ICE agents arrest man inside Oregon house without warrant
- Bicyclist sues King County after accident left him quadriplegic