YAKIMA — A 27-year-old man who allegedly attacked another man while the victim was trying to pay for sex was charged in court Thursday.
James Walker was charged with one count of first-degree robbery and one count of first-degree assault after he allegedly stole cash and a cell phone Monday from a 53-year-old man at the Tourist Motel on North First Street.
Police affidavits filed in the case said Walker pulled out a handgun and hit the victim in the head with it after he heard the victim talk about how much money he was carrying while soliciting a prostitute for sex.
Police arrested Walker about two hours after the robbery during a traffic stop in the same area. Walker is being held in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Most Read Local Stories
- Unusually wet, cold spring may persist in Seattle
- The death of the moderate in WA politics
- Idaho primary pits conservative governor against Trump-backed candidate with white nationalist ties
- Abortion-rights supporters demonstrate in Seattle and across the U.S.
- Seattle area could see 'super flower blood moon' eclipse on Sunday — weather permitting