The Associated Press
TACOMA — The widow of radio legend Casey Kasem is suing a hospital in Washington state for the medical records from the last weeks of his life.
The News Tribune reports that Jean Kasem’s lawsuit filed earlier this month in Pierce County Superior Court seeks medical records of medications and people who visited him.
Casey Kasem died June 15 at St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor. The 82-year-old’s death followed a lengthy battle over his care between his wife and his three adult children from his first marriage.
Most Read Local Stories
- More wildfire smoke heads into Puget Sound region before rain starts to clear the air
- Wildfire news updates, September 17: What to know today about the destructive fires in Washington state and on the West Coast
- Seattle is in smoke. What's happening to the birds? VIEW
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 17: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Woman killed in Cal Anderson Park, man found dead after refusing to leave city building, police say
Jean Kasem’s lawyer, Lance Hester, says his client’s stepdaughter Kerri Kasem had taken control her father’s health care.
Hospital spokeswoman Mary Getchell says privacy law prevents her from discussing a specific case, but generally the hospital could turn over records to authorized relatives.
A hearing is set for April.