The Associated Press
TACOMA — The widow of radio legend Casey Kasem is suing a hospital in Washington state for the medical records from the last weeks of his life.
The News Tribune reports that Jean Kasem’s lawsuit filed earlier this month in Pierce County Superior Court seeks medical records of medications and people who visited him.
Casey Kasem died June 15 at St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor. The 82-year-old’s death followed a lengthy battle over his care between his wife and his three adult children from his first marriage.
Most Read Local Stories
- In blue Seattle, Trump supporters are starting to come out of hiding | Danny Westneat
- Leaked emails show Washington state Rep. Matt Shea endorsed training children to fight in holy war
- Weekend maintenance, construction work will impact traffic on I-405, I-90, I-5 and Highway 99
- Will Seattle finish summer without a big heat wave?
- Judge reverses arbitrator's rule reinstating Seattle police officer who punched handcuffed suspect
Jean Kasem’s lawyer, Lance Hester, says his client’s stepdaughter Kerri Kasem had taken control her father’s health care.
Hospital spokeswoman Mary Getchell says privacy law prevents her from discussing a specific case, but generally the hospital could turn over records to authorized relatives.
A hearing is set for April.