The Associated Press
TACOMA — The widow of radio legend Casey Kasem is suing a hospital in Washington state for the medical records from the last weeks of his life.
The News Tribune reports that Jean Kasem’s lawsuit filed earlier this month in Pierce County Superior Court seeks medical records of medications and people who visited him.
Casey Kasem died June 15 at St. Anthony Hospital in Gig Harbor. The 82-year-old’s death followed a lengthy battle over his care between his wife and his three adult children from his first marriage.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington becomes first state to legalize human composting
- Series of small earthquakes detected in Washington and Oregon
- Waterfront transforming before our eyes as viaduct comes down
- Audit finds $413,000 from obscure Washington tax district went to commissioner's bank account
- King County's crusade against 'ICE Air' plays right into Trump's hands | Danny Westneat
Jean Kasem’s lawyer, Lance Hester, says his client’s stepdaughter Kerri Kasem had taken control her father’s health care.
Hospital spokeswoman Mary Getchell says privacy law prevents her from discussing a specific case, but generally the hospital could turn over records to authorized relatives.
A hearing is set for April.