A Camano Island man has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
GARDEN CITY, Utah — Police say a Utah State University student from Washington state has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
The Cache County Sheriff’s Office says 18-year-old Tyson Lloyd Shoemaker of Camano Island crashed into a tree on Thursday afternoon at Beaver Mountain Ski Resort.
Lt. Mike Peterson said in a statement that witnesses called ski patrollers, who found Shoemaker unresponsive and were unable to revive him. Peterson said the state medical examiner’s office will determine Shoemaker’s cause of death
Police say Shoemaker was attending Utah State and living in Logan.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- As Amazon’s deadline for HQ2 bids closes, speculation on winner heats up
- Midweek rain in Seattle area is just hint of what's to come, forecasters say
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary