Among the steady stream of people placing flowers outside Cafe Racer on Thursday was Janna Silver, who said she got married in the cafe on New Year’s Eve 2 1/2 years ago — and that Drew Keriakedes officiated. Keriakedes is one of the shooting victims who died at the cafe yesterday.
“My husband and I were in the cafe talking about getting married, asking people if they knew someone who could do it, and Drew said he could,” she said, adding that Keriakedes was certified as a minister.
“It was great,” she said. “Whoever happened to be at the cafe at the time were the guests at the wedding — maybe about 20 or 30 people.”
Silver said the cafe was one of the first hangouts she heard about when she moved to Seattle three years ago. “Drew and Joe (Albanese), without a doubt, were the life of the place,” she said. “Always talking, always smiling. … This is very sad.”
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
Joe Albanese was also shot to death.