Bystanders rescued two people from a burning car after it drove off an embankment and caught fire near Longview.
LONGVIEW — Fire officials in the Longview-area say two bystanders rescued two people from a burning car after it drove off an embankment and caught fire.
The Daily News of Longview reports that Cowlitz 2 Fire and Rescue says the driver lost control and went off the embankment Saturday night.
A 21-year-old female passenger was flown to a hospital with head and spinal injuries. The male driver suffered minor injuries.
Most Read Local Stories
- First of six weather systems rolls into Seattle area; at least a week of rain ahead
- When is daylight saving time? Do you need to turn clock back in Washington, given the new law? Your questions answered
- Amazon drops additional $1 million-plus into Seattle City Council races, with ballots out this week
- 'Hunter killer assassins': Why the Boeing saga is the story of our times | Danny Westneat
- Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide charity care when patients can't pay. What's going wrong?
Information from: The Daily News, http://www.tdn.com