The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency has issued a "stage one" burn ban in Pierce and Snohomish counties. Fires are prohibited in fireplaces and uncertified wood stoves.
The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency has issued a “stage one” burn ban in Pierce and Snohomish counties. Fires are prohibited in fireplaces and uncertified wood stoves.
KOMO-TV ( http://is.gd/muyTa2) reports the burn ban takes effect at 5 p.m. Saturday.
The clean air agency is expecting air pollution to reach unhealthy levels for sensitive groups, especially where wood-burning is common.
The purpose of the burn ban is to reduce the amount of pollution from excessive wood smoke.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/