The King County Sheriff’s Office is looking for anyone who may have seen how a woman was mysteriously injured on a Burien street last night.
The 56-year-old Burien woman was found unconscious and suffering from a head injury around 5:30 p.m. on Southwest 152nd Street near Fourth Avenue Southwest. The woman was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where she remains in critical condition.
Detectives said the woman may have fallen because she had an injury to the back of her head.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Witnesses said the woman had left a nearby pet store a few minutes earlier. No one reported hearing tires screeching or an impact to indicate that she may have been hit by a car. Some witnesses did see a van drive slowly around the woman, the Sheriff’s Office said.
Detectives are asking anyone who may have been in the area last night to call if they think they may have seen the woman. Detectives say the occupants of the van may be potential witnesses and are asking them to come forward as well.
The van was described as a late 1980’s Ford or Chevrolet, possibly gray in color, with an orange or brown stripe down the side. Detectives stress sthe driver is not considered a suspect.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 206-296-3311 and reference case No. 12-258013