The man shot and killed yesterday during a burglary near Everett was 22 years old, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office, which is investigating the shooting.
The homeowner is 54 and did not know the intruder, according to the Sheriff’s Office. Detectives have seized a vehicle that may be connected with the dead man.
The shooting happened in the 10500 block of 21st Avenue Southeast. Sheriff’s Bureau Chief Kevin Prentiss said the homeowner “surprised” the suspect inside the home and shot him during a confrontation.
The Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office has not yet released identification of the dead man.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player