The Associated Press
Military bases in Washington would receive $581 million for construction projects under the budget President Obama sent to Congress.
The largest amount — $280 million — would go toward a second explosives handling wharf for Trident submarines at the Bangor base. Construction on the $715 million facility is to begin this summer.
The Kitsap Sun reports (http://is.gd/bjNtRC) seven projects at Joint Base Lewis-McChord would get $295 million and the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station would get a $6 million flight simulator.
Most Read Local Stories
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID vaccination or negative test
- Housing group levels empty Seattle motel, where homeless people slept, for tiny village