UPDATE 5:40 P.M.| Technically, all lanes are cleared on Interstate 5 at 148th Street Southwest. But drivers backed up in a traffic jam stretching back to Seattle’s U-District wouldn’t know. The estimated travel time from Seattle to Everett is about 111 minutes, according to WSDOT.
A brush fire alongside northbound Interstate 5 in Edmonds has traffic backed up for at least 10 miles, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation.
The backup begins close to the site of the fire burning near 148th Street Southwest and stretches back to at least the Snohomish/King County line. Firefighters have the blaze under control but the two right-most lanes are closed as firefighters continue hosing down hot spots.
Most Read Local Stories
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair