Bremerton police are calling the death last week of a 61-year-old woman a homicide.
The body of Melody Brannon was found just before 6:30 p.m. Friday in the 1300 block of High Avenue. The Kitsap County Coroner’s office has ruled Brannon’s death a homicide.
The Kitsap Sun reports police haven’t confirmed where Brannon’s body was found, only that it was not in the house. Police are not disclosing the cause of death.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
Bremerton police are asking anyone with information on Brannon’s death to call the department’s Tip Line at 360-473-5481.