Bremerton police are asking for the publics help to identify a person of interest in Fridays slaying of 61-year-old Melody Brannon, whose body was found in the 1300 block of High Avenue.
Brannons cause of death has not been made public but the Kitsap County Coroner determined her death is a homicide.
The person of interest is described as a light-skinned black or mixed-race male in his late teens or early 20s. He is 6-feet tall with a slender build and a mole, cut or birthmark near his lip or nose.
He was wearing a black or navy watch cap with hair sticking out, a white T-shirt and a jacket and was last seen in the 1300 block of High Avenue, a block from Bremerton High School, between 5 and 7 p.m. on Friday. Anyone with information is asked to call 360-473-5481.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration