A U.S. Navy sailor from Bremerton, who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan, was killed in combat Wednesday, the Department...
A U.S. Navy sailor from Bremerton, who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan, was killed in combat Wednesday, the Department of Defense announced today.
Navy Petty Officer 2nd Class Sean Edward Brazas, 26, of Greensboro, N.C., died while conducting combat operations in Panjwa’l, the northern region of a Kandahar district. He was assigned to Bremerton’s Naval Base Kitsap Security Department, according to the Defense Department.
The base’s commanding officer, Capt. Pete Dawson, called Brazas a “splendid young man,” and said the death has “resounded through the entire Naval Base Kitsap command.”
Brazas’ wife, Allie Brazas, said, “My husband died serving his country. He loved his job. We will all miss him and we will never forget him. He is my hero.”
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Rain will stick around this week in the Seattle area, with a chance for thunderstorms