Federal Way police say that an 8-year-old boy was killed on Sunday night while riding his bicycle just before 8 p.m.
Deputy Police Chief Andy Hwang said that the boy was struck after turning from 24th Avenue Southwest onto Southwest 333rd Street and into the path of an oncoming car.
“It appears to be a tragic, tragic unfortunate accident,” Hwang said.
Police “drug recognition experts” interviewed the driver and did not find anything to lead them to believe drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash, Hwang said
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
The boy was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where he was pronounced dead. The child wasn’ t wearing a helmet, but Hwang said that he doubts a helmet could have saved the boy from suffering fatal injuries.