UPDATE: 1:21 p.m. | Police have taken a man in custody in connection with the death of the 13-year-old boy.
Police in Pacific, King County, say they are investigating the death here of a 13-year-old boy as a homicide.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
Officers were called to a unit in the Cobble Court Apartments around 3 a.m. by a man reporting that his 13-year-old son and 16-year-old daughter were missing, said Pacific police spokeswoman Stephanie Shook. When officers arrived, they found the 13-year-old dead inside a bedroom of the home. Shook said it’s unclear whether the father searched for the boy before calling for help.
Officers were led to the neighboring city of Algona and found the missing girl, who had suffered minor injuries. The 16-year-old girl was with a 19-year-old man at his home, Shook said. Police did not say how the two were connected. Officers are questioning the man. The girl was taken to a local hospital for treatment, Shook said.
See more details, video and photos on king5.com.