Gov. Christine Gregoire was turned away from an Olympia bar when she couldn't produce identification to prove she was over 21. The 61-year-old governor told...
OLYMPIA — Gov. Christine Gregoire was turned away from an Olympia bar when she couldn’t produce identification to prove she was over 21.
The 61-year-old governor told KING-TV she feels complimented the bouncer thought she might be under age.
Gregoire and her staff had served burgers at the annual Capital Lakefair last weekend and afterward went to the downtown Olympia bar called Hannah’s to celebrate.
Gregoire says the man checking identifications at the door said she couldn’t get in without ID, even when others pointed out she’s Washington’s governor. So she went home, but her husband Mike went in.
Most Read Local Stories
- After dancer strips at Seattle conference on homelessness, agency director suspended
- Extra! Extra! Pike Place Market newsstand to close after 40 years VIEW
- Contractor ordered to pay Washington state $57M over tunnel-boring machine Bertha's big stall
- Where do most die-hard Seattle Seahawks fans live? Not in the city, market data shows. | FYI Guy
- Heavy snow hitting mountain passes. Here's what to know before you go. WATCH
Hannah’s owner, Todd Ruzicka, says his 23-year-old part-time bouncer needs more training.