A 20-year-old Bothell man drowned in the Carnation portion of the Snoqualmie River during a Wednesday afternoon outing with co-workers, according to King County Sheriff’s Office.
Rescuers responded around 3 p.m. to a report that the man had slipped under the water near 1550 West Snoqualmie River Road N.E., according to Sgt. Katie Larson. The co-workers and two kayakers could not pull the man from the bottom of the 10-foot deep water.
Eastside Fire and Rescue recovered him and started CPR before taking him to Overlake Hospital Medical Center in Bellevue, where he was pronounced dead.
The King County Sheriff’s Office is investigating, but Larson said no foul play is suspected. Larson said the swimmers may have underestimated how cold the river can be even during some of the summer’s hottest days.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park