A co-owner of the Badlander bar in Missoula has been found dead in the icy waters of Seattle's Elliott Bay.
A co-owner of the Badlander bar in Missoula has been found dead in the icy waters of Seattle’s Elliott Bay.
Fellow co-owner Chris Henry tells the Missoulian that 36-year-old Aaron Bolton had been in Seattle with his step-brother to pick up new speakers for the bar’s sound system.
Henry says at around 11 p.m. Sunday, Bolton left the hotel, telling his stepbrother he intended to visit a downtown bar. Bolton’s body was recovered from the bay at Pier 57, about a mile from the nightclub.
A Seattle fire department boat recovered a body at 7 a.m. Monday. Police spokesman Jeff Kappel would not confirm Bolton’s identity.
Most Read Local Stories
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- King County head of homelessness may be an 'impossible' job, but Marc Dones is optimistic
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
The King County Medical Examiner’s office plans to release the cause of death Tuesday afternoon.