While taking photos, visitors at the park noticed the body in the lower falls and called 911, the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said.
The body of a woman has been recovered from a pool of water at Wallace Falls State Park near Gold Bar, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said.
While taking photos, visitors at the park noticed the body in the lower falls and called 911 Tuesday afternoon, according to the office.
Also unknown is what brought the woman to the area, as well as her age and identity.
Before handing the investigation over to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office, firefighters and sheriff’s deputies surveyed the area from a helicopter, as well as on land and in water, the release says.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- Puget Sound orcas are in town, chasing chum and wowing ferry riders WATCH
- Lynnwood man who raped dying woman gets less than 3 years in prison
- Auburn man sentenced to prison for racially motivated baseball-bat attack VIEW
- Recounts likely in a handful of Washington state legislative races
Medical examiners will formally identify her and determine her manner of death.
Wallace Falls State Park is on the west side of the Cascade mountains, roughly two miles northeast of Gold Bar on the Wallace River.