While taking photos, visitors at the park noticed the body in the lower falls and called 911, the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said.
The body of a woman has been recovered from a pool of water at Wallace Falls State Park near Gold Bar, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said.
While taking photos, visitors at the park noticed the body in the lower falls and called 911 Tuesday afternoon, according to the office.
Also unknown is what brought the woman to the area, as well as her age and identity.
Before handing the investigation over to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office, firefighters and sheriff’s deputies surveyed the area from a helicopter, as well as on land and in water, the release says.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington Democrats call for GOP state Rep. Matt Shea to be expelled after latest allegations
- Tearing down the Alaskan Way Viaduct is taking longer than once thought WATCH
- Man with 8th DUI arrest appears in court as Washington weighs how to protect the public from extreme offenders WATCH
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
Medical examiners will formally identify her and determine her manner of death.
Wallace Falls State Park is on the west side of the Cascade mountains, roughly two miles northeast of Gold Bar on the Wallace River.