While taking photos, visitors at the park noticed the body in the lower falls and called 911, the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said.
The body of a woman has been recovered from a pool of water at Wallace Falls State Park near Gold Bar, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said.
While taking photos, visitors at the park noticed the body in the lower falls and called 911 Tuesday afternoon, according to the office.
Also unknown is what brought the woman to the area, as well as her age and identity.
Before handing the investigation over to the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office, firefighters and sheriff’s deputies surveyed the area from a helicopter, as well as on land and in water, the release says.
Most Read Local Stories
- In Seattle's Sodo district, frustration mounts amid RVs, drugs and skyrocketing crime VIEW
- What explains Seattle's streetcar fixation? Look at who really benefits | Danny Westneat
- Where to see the total lunar eclipse Sunday
- Outrageous! Seattle isn't the best coffee city in the country, says new survey
- Seattle is home to two women's marches this weekend amid divisions within local, national orgs
Medical examiners will formally identify her and determine her manner of death.
Wallace Falls State Park is on the west side of the Cascade mountains, roughly two miles northeast of Gold Bar on the Wallace River.