Everett Police are investigating a suspicious death after a resident called 911 and reported seeing a man’s body behind a garage about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Police arrived at 22 West Madison in Everett to find a dead man who appears to be in his late 20s or early 30s. The man looks to have suffered trauma to his body, so authorities are treating his death as a homicide, said Everett Police Lt. Robert Goetz.
Everett Police have called in the major-crimes unit and are awaiting a search warrant to enter the property and conduct an investigation, Goetz said.
It doesn’t appear that anyone lives in the house, Goetz said, and police research indicates that the home is owned by a bank.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
“We won’t really know what we have until we’ve had an opportunity to go in and investigate,” Goetz said.