The Thurston County Sheriff's office says a partially decomposed body of an adult female has been discovered near state Route 507.
The Thurston County Sheriff’s office says a partially decomposed body of an adult female has been discovered near state Route 507.
Lt. Greg Elwin says investigators are treating the death as suspicious because the body was found in the bushes.
A motorist who had car trouble discovered the body while walking a dirt road and reported it at about noon Tuesday.
Elwin says the body was found east of the Nisqually Reservation and northwest of Yelm.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases