The discovery of a woman’s body in a South Everett restaurant parking lot is being investigated as a homicide, the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office said Saturday morning.
Authorities provided no information about the woman’s age, identity or how she may have died. The sheriff’s major crimes unit is probing the death of the woman, whose body was found and reported at 6:45 a.m. Saturday.
“While the investigation is still in its earliest stages, we do not have concerns that there is a continuing danger to the public at this time,” the Sheriff’s Office said in a news release.
The parking lot is at Palmera Mexican restaurant, 1629 Center Road, off Highway 99, Seattle Times community news partner myeverettnews.com reported.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
The Sheriff’s Office said the woman’s identity and cause of death will be released by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office.