UPDATE: 10:25 a.m. | The body of a man found near a pickup in Snohomish County this morning is believed to be a man who shot and wounded his ex-wife in Kent this morning, according to police.
Snohomish County sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton said the pickup was found at the Lake Serene Trailhead, just off of Hwy 2 between Gold Bar and Index. Ireton said that deputies found a man next to the truck with what appeared to be self-inflicted gunshot wounds.
King County sheriff’s deputies were called to a home in the 15300 block of Southeast 307th Street, near Kent, around 3:30 a.m. for a report of a shooting and a vehicle being driven through a window.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
King County sheriff’s Sgt. Cindi West said that investigators believe a man shot his ex-wife in the hand before taking off. The couple’s two children, ages 10 and 18, were home at the time. One of the children called for help.
West says the couple have apparently been divorced for some time and it’s unknown what prompted the attack at 3:30 a.m. Thursday.