PORT ORCHARD, Wash. (AP) — Law enforcement officers recovered a male body found floating in the water off South Kitsap, Washington.
The Kitsap Sun reports the man appeared to be in his early 40s.
Two kayakers spotted the body in the water near the bank of Colvos Passage on Wednesday and called 911. Deputies and Port Orchard police officers recovered the body at 12:12 p.m.
The Kitsap County Coroner’s Office is working to identify the body and notify next of kin. The office will also determine the cause and manner of death.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tsunami threat recedes from huge Pacific volcanic eruption
- Washington experiences only slight tsunami surges from undersea eruption near Tonga
- Seattle police will no longer enforce some minor violations, including biking without a helmet
- Politicians in Washington state are going on a censorship jag
- Everett pub owner arrested, charged with 10 counts of second-degree rape
Sheriff’s Office spokesman Scott Wilson says there was nothing to indicate criminal activity, but they’ll have to wait until the Coroner’s Office goes through their process.
Colvos Passage is a tidal strait between Vashon Island and the Kitsap Peninsula.
Information from: Kitsap Sun, http://www.kitsapsun.com/