The Blue Angels are here for this weekend's Seafair celebrations, and that means intermittent closures of Interstate 90.
It’s Seafair Fleet Week in Seattle and the USS New Orleans, USS Halsey and USS Bunker Hill, along with one Coast Guard vessel and three Royal Canadian Navy ships, are in town. Some of the ships will be offering free tours to the public.
The Seafair hydroplane action begins Friday with qualifying races at 2:50 p.m., and heats continuing Saturday and Sunday, culminating in the Albert Lee Cup H1 Unlimited Final at 4:45 p.m. Sunday. Details: seafair.com/albertleecup.
And finally, the Blue Angels are here readying for this weekend’s air show. Interstate 90 will be closed to all vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists in both directions — including the mainline and express lanes — between Interstate 5 in Seattle to Island Crest Way on Mercer Island.
Here’s the schedule of closures:
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 21: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- An Idaho ICU doctor's touching message went viral. Here's what he told his co-workers
- Valuable crab populations are in a 'very scary' decline in warming Bering Sea
- Seattle's COVID eviction moratorium extended into January 2022
Thursday: 9:45 a.m. — noon & 1:15 — 2:30 p.m. (Practice)
Friday: 12:45 p.m. — 2:40 p.m. (Practice)
Saturday: 12:45 p.m. — 2:40 p.m. (Full show)
Sunday: 12:45 p.m. — 2:40 p.m. (Full show)
I-90 ramps in those areas will close up to an hour in advance of the I-90 closures. This week’s Seafair calendar: seafair.com/calendar.aspx.