The man was hit in the 9200 block of Rainier Avenue South shortly before 5 p.m., police said.
A bicyclist was killed near Rainier Beach Monday after being struck by a driver who then drove off, according to a statement from the Seattle Police Department.
The man was hit in the 9200 block of Rainier Avenue South at 4:50 p.m. while trying to cross the street, said Seattle Police Detective Patrick Michaud, a spokesman for the department. Medics attempted life-saving measures, but the man died at the scene, he said. Police do not yet know the victim’s age.
Police are still searching for the driver in the hit-and-run, who witnesses described as driving a white sedan, according to police.
Both directions of Rainier Avenue South were shut down, and drivers should avoid the area, Michaud said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle police officer assigned to clean up homeless camps files $10 million claim, alleges polluted site made him sick
- UW student hit by driver, seriously hurt while running around Green Lake
- ‘I just bear-hugged her’: Washington woman finds her missing dog after 57-day search in Montana
- Suspect in deadly Westlake Station shooting charged with premeditated murder
- Mayor Durkan proposes 51-cent tax on Uber, Lyft rides in Seattle to fund streetcar, affordable housing