The man was hit in the 9200 block of Rainier Avenue South shortly before 5 p.m., police said.
A bicyclist was killed near Rainier Beach Monday after being struck by a driver who then drove off, according to a statement from the Seattle Police Department.
The man was hit in the 9200 block of Rainier Avenue South at 4:50 p.m. while trying to cross the street, said Seattle Police Detective Patrick Michaud, a spokesman for the department. Medics attempted life-saving measures, but the man died at the scene, he said. Police do not yet know the victim’s age.
Police are still searching for the driver in the hit-and-run, who witnesses described as driving a white sedan, according to police.
Both directions of Rainier Avenue South were shut down, and drivers should avoid the area, Michaud said.
Most Read Local Stories
- No, Inslee's 'vaccine seating' doesn't stifle freedom — it expands it
- Did you see the 'string of pearls' in Seattle's night sky? Those were SpaceX satellites
- Inslee pauses COVID reopening plan; no Washington counties to roll back for 2 weeks
- Coronavirus daily news updates, May 5: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Washington state remains in 4th COVID wave but new numbers are 'hopeful,' officials say