A bicyclist died Wednesday night in Everett after a pickup veered into opposing traffic and hit a power pole, according to the Everett Police Department.
At about 7:15 p.m., the southbound driver crossed a center line and three lanes of traffic on the 10600 block of Evergreen Way before hitting the bicyclist, according to department spokesman Aaron Snell. He said the bicyclist, who officials believe was a 30-year-old Tacoma man, died at the scene.
What prompted the pickup to suddenly careen into opposing traffic is still under investigation, Snell said. The driver was taken with non-life-threatening injuries to Providence Regional Medical Center’s Colby Campus in Everett.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration