[google-map-sc width=”150″ height=”150″]
The young man critically injured when his bike collided with a van at Pike Street and Boren Avenue last week has died, according to our community news partner the Capitol Hill Seattle Blog.
The bicyclist has been identified as Nap Cantwell, 18.
A week ago Tuesday, May 29, Cantwell was on his bike coming down Pike Street about 6:20 a.m. when he collided with the van as it was heading south on Boren Avenue, witnesses told the Capitol Hill Seattle Blog. He suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to Harborview Medical Center.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration
Cantwell is the son of Elysian Brewing owner Dick Cantwell and Chiyo Ishikawa, deputy curator for the Seattle Art Museum.