The husband of a Washington woman killed in a collision by a Pennsylvania Department of Transportation truck says he's disappointed in a retiring state trooper's decision to issue the responsible driver a minor citation.
The husband of a Washington woman killed in a collision by a Pennsylvania Department of Transportation truck says he’s disappointed in a retiring state trooper’s decision to issue the responsible driver a minor citation.
Dale Satorius told The Patriot-News of Harrisburg the ticket issued to the PennDOT driver sets a bad example, making reckless driving seem like a minor issue.
Prosecutors in Perry County say double jeopardy rules may make it impossible to bring more serious charges against the dump truck driver. The Aug. 2 crash killed 43-year-old Hui Satorius of Bellevue, Wash. and injured her 5-year-old daughter.
Trooper Kevin Frey issued the citation Friday, the same day he retired. He says he wanted to close out all his pending cases before his retirement.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
Information from: The Patriot-News, http://www.pennlive.com/patriotnews