Posted by Mike Lindblom / Seattle Times staff reporter
Some things to be aware of as downtown Seattle prepares for President Obama’s afternoon appearance at Paramount Theatre:
Convention Place transit station is closed for President Obama’s visit. Buses are bypassing the stop and continuing to and from northbound Interstate 5.
Also, Pine Street is closed from I-5 to Third Avenue, around the Paramount.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
Trolleybus lines on Pine are being disrupted, and King County Metro Transit says bus delays there could spread to other parts of the transit network.
Westlake Station, the city’s busiest, remains open.