A barge moored at Salmon Bay Sand & Gravel overturned early Tuesday; no one was injured.
A barge filled with gravel overturned Tuesday morning in Salmon Bay, but there were no injuries.
According to Seattle police and the Coast Guard, the barge was at its home port at the Salmon Bay Sand & Gravel Company in the 5200 block of Shilshole Avenue Northwest when it was reported to have overturned around 7 a.m.
No one was injured, and there was no pollution damage, the Coast Guard said.
It was not immediately known how the barge overturned, according to an employee at the company.
Most Read Local Stories
- First of six weather systems rolls into Seattle area; at least a week of rain ahead
- When is daylight saving time? Do you need to turn clock back in Washington, given the new law? Your questions answered
- 'Hunter killer assassins': Why the Boeing saga is the story of our times | Danny Westneat
- Amazon drops additional $1 million-plus into Seattle City Council races, with ballots out this week
- Nonprofit hospitals are required to provide charity care when patients can't pay. What's going wrong?