Warrenton police say prints recovered from a stolen boat match those of Colton-Harris Moore, the teen burglar known as "The Barefoot Bandit."
Warrenton police say prints recovered from a stolen boat match those of Colton-Harris Moore, the teen burglar known as “The Barefoot Bandit.”
Police Chief Matthew Workman said Tuesday that Harris-Moore continues to be a suspect in the subsequent theft of a car and the attempted theft of a Cessna plane on Oregon’s north coast.
Harris-Moore has been on the run since April 2008, when he escaped from a halfway house near Seattle. Since then, authorities believe he’s been responsible for numerous burglaries at vacation homes and businesses around the Northwest, and that he’s taken cars, boats and planes.
He got his nickname by reportedly committing some of the crimes in his bare feet.
Most Read Local Stories
- Controversy heats up over removal of Lower Snake River dams as orcas suffer losses VIEW
- I-1639 the most ambitious effort at gun regulation in Washington state’s history
- San Francisco is cracking down on tent camps. Will Seattle do the same? VIEW
- Highway 520 bridge to reopen after closure in both directions due to police activity
- GOP leaders call for state Rep. Matt Manweller to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation