Warrenton police say prints recovered from a stolen boat match those of Colton-Harris Moore, the teen burglar known as "The Barefoot Bandit."
Warrenton police say prints recovered from a stolen boat match those of Colton-Harris Moore, the teen burglar known as “The Barefoot Bandit.”
Police Chief Matthew Workman said Tuesday that Harris-Moore continues to be a suspect in the subsequent theft of a car and the attempted theft of a Cessna plane on Oregon’s north coast.
Harris-Moore has been on the run since April 2008, when he escaped from a halfway house near Seattle. Since then, authorities believe he’s been responsible for numerous burglaries at vacation homes and businesses around the Northwest, and that he’s taken cars, boats and planes.
He got his nickname by reportedly committing some of the crimes in his bare feet.
Most Read Local Stories
- State Court of Appeals rules Seattle’s wealth tax is unconstitutional, but gives cities new leeway
- Seattle's weekend of violence stretched police thin, chief says
- Armed man attacking Tacoma's ICE detention center killed in officer-involved shooting
- Driver hits 7-year-old on sidewalk, crashes into power pole in Magnolia
- Friday earthquakes on a crustal fault show it's not only the 'Big One' we should fear