Warrenton police say prints recovered from a stolen boat match those of Colton-Harris Moore, the teen burglar known as "The Barefoot Bandit."
Warrenton police say prints recovered from a stolen boat match those of Colton-Harris Moore, the teen burglar known as “The Barefoot Bandit.”
Police Chief Matthew Workman said Tuesday that Harris-Moore continues to be a suspect in the subsequent theft of a car and the attempted theft of a Cessna plane on Oregon’s north coast.
Harris-Moore has been on the run since April 2008, when he escaped from a halfway house near Seattle. Since then, authorities believe he’s been responsible for numerous burglaries at vacation homes and businesses around the Northwest, and that he’s taken cars, boats and planes.
He got his nickname by reportedly committing some of the crimes in his bare feet.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- Puget Sound orcas are in town, chasing chum and wowing ferry riders WATCH
- Gov. Jay Inslee's out-of-state trips strain budget of Washington State Patrol security detail VIEW
- Lynnwood man who raped dying woman gets less than 3 years in prison
- How the mushroom dream of a 'long-haired hippie' could help save the world's bees