Warrenton police say prints recovered from a stolen boat match those of Colton-Harris Moore, the teen burglar known as "The Barefoot Bandit."
Warrenton police say prints recovered from a stolen boat match those of Colton-Harris Moore, the teen burglar known as “The Barefoot Bandit.”
Police Chief Matthew Workman said Tuesday that Harris-Moore continues to be a suspect in the subsequent theft of a car and the attempted theft of a Cessna plane on Oregon’s north coast.
Harris-Moore has been on the run since April 2008, when he escaped from a halfway house near Seattle. Since then, authorities believe he’s been responsible for numerous burglaries at vacation homes and businesses around the Northwest, and that he’s taken cars, boats and planes.
He got his nickname by reportedly committing some of the crimes in his bare feet.
Most Read Local Stories
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
- Former Eastside lawmaker arrested after drinking with underage relative, police say
- Lawsuit alleges Arlington police 'radically escalated' encounter with distraught girl, 17, before shooting her
- Meet the many unsung heroes of the Seattle Snowpocalypse WATCH