A Virgin America flight heading to Los Angeles was delayed after the device used to move baggage onto the plane caught fire.
A Virgin America flight bound from Seattle to Los Angeles was delayed Thursday after the loader used to move baggage onto the plane caught fire.
Port of Seattle spokesman Peter McGraw said airport fire crews quickly extinguished the blaze on the ground-baggage loader. There were no injuries and no damage to the baggage or the plane.
Virgin Airline Flight 784 was delayed more than 30 minutes.
“The cause of the fire is still under investigation,” McGraw said. “The flight was wheels up at 12:05.”
Most Read Local Stories
- 6,000 pounds of dog poop a day: Kirkland locked in dirty war
- 8 people tied up, 2 sexually assaulted in robbery at Bob's Burgers in SeaTac, police say
- Affirmative action debate in Washington takes an Orwellian turn | Naomi Ishisaka
- Behind a zoo built for animal actors, decades of concern and violations at Olympic Game Farm VIEW
- Heavy rain causes flooding in Western Washington VIEW