A Virgin America flight heading to Los Angeles was delayed after the device used to move baggage onto the plane caught fire.
A Virgin America flight bound from Seattle to Los Angeles was delayed Thursday after the loader used to move baggage onto the plane caught fire.
Port of Seattle spokesman Peter McGraw said airport fire crews quickly extinguished the blaze on the ground-baggage loader. There were no injuries and no damage to the baggage or the plane.
Virgin Airline Flight 784 was delayed more than 30 minutes.
“The cause of the fire is still under investigation,” McGraw said. “The flight was wheels up at 12:05.”
Most Read Local Stories
- Traffic nightmare: Bizarre fire, crash close I-5 lanes near Lakewood for nearly 13 hours VIEW
- More Seattleites are housing homeless people in their backyards, but it’s hard to find the right fit VIEW
- ‘We failed’: Seattle Children’s CEO admits 6 deaths, more illnesses due to mold in ORs
- Was the language voters saw on their ballots for Initiative 976 wrong? Sure seems like it. | Danny Westneat
- Fearing a mass shooting, police took his guns. A judge gave them back.