The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office says an autopsy performed on Benjamin Colton Barnes,24,shows that he drowned, with a secondary cause of deathlisted ashypothermia.
Barnes’ body was found Monday half-submerged in Paradise Creek at Mount Rainier National Park, one day after police believe he killed Ranger Margaret Anderson, a 34-year-old mother of two.
Barnes was the subject of a manhunt following Anderson’s death on Sunday. Police believe he wandered through the snow wearing only one tennis shoe, a T-shirt and jeans.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- He found an intact headstone buried in his Seattle backyard. You might, too
- 60,000 Seattle-area renters are behind on rent as eviction moratoriums near expiration