A cement trucked overturned on Aurora Avenue North near Green Lake just after 2 p.m., closing all southbound lanes to traffic at North 72nd Street, and injuring two people, according to fire officials.
All but one northbound lane on Aurora Avenue Northnear Green Lake are closed as well, said Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore.
The cement truck was originally in the northbound lanes, said Moore. It was not immediately known what caused the accident or how the truck ended up in the southbound lanes, he said.
The driver of the truck suffered serious injuries, but was in stable condition when he was taken to the hospital, Moore said. Another driver was also injured, but less seriously, he said.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case
- See the competing Washington legislative maps drawn by Democrats, Republicans