One childhood friend allegedly stabbed the other to death during an argument in Auburn early this morning, according to Auburn police.
A 24-year-old man, who apparently was wielding the knife, was arrested and taken to the King County Jail, police said.
Officers were called to an apartment in the 4000 block of Auburn Way South about 1 a.m. today on a report of a stabbing.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
When they got there, they found a 22-year-old man unconscious and and bleeding from a stab wound to the neck. Officers and medics tried to revive the man but he died there.
Witnesses to the stabbing were interviewed and early information indicated that the two men had known each other since childhood, police said.