A man suspected of assaulting a woman early this morning died after apparently jumping from a fourth-floor hotel window.
Snohomish County sheriff’s deputies were called to a Hilton Garden Inn near Paine Field about 3 a.m. following a report of an assault, said sheriff’s spokeswoman Shari Ireton. Upon arriving deputies found an injured 39-year-old California woman in a hotel room, who said she had been attacked by the man, Ireton said.
After assaulting the woman the man barricaded himself in a fourth-floor hotel room. He then hurled a table through the room’s window and jumped, Ireton said. The man suffered a critical head injury and died before aid arrived on scene.
Ireton said the man’s identity is unknown. It’s unclear how or if he knew the woman.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 25: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world