The man who allegedly opened fire during a dispute last Thursday in Lake City, wounding two men, was charged today with two counts of first-degree assault.
Bladamir Ayala, 41, allegedly got into a dispute with one of the victims outside a store in the 2700 block of 30th Avenue Northeast shortly before 4 p.m. Ayala got into the passenger seat of a car and as he and another man were driving away, Ayala then opened fire on the victim and a second man, witnesses said.
Ayala is also charged with one count of drive-by shooting, according to the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
The shooting happened just three days after political leaders, police brass and community activists held a meeting at Seattle Town Hall to decry the city’s recent spate of gun violence. There have been 21 homicides in the city this year, one more than in all of 2011. Nineteen of the victims have died from gunfire.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- Washington state workers are getting exemptions to avoid the COVID-19 vaccine — but will they keep their jobs?
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
Ayala is scheduled to be arraigned on July 9. He is being held in the King County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bail.