The King County sheriff's office says an arrest has been made in a spate of bank heists that featured a robber who made most of his getaways on a bicycle.
The King County sheriff’s office says an arrest has been made in a spate of bank heists that featured a robber who made most of his getaways on a bicycle.
Sgt. Cindi West says a 30-year-old man who authorities believe is the “Tour de Banks Robber” was arrested Friday as he drove away from his home in Bothell, northeast of Seattle.
The FBI says the robber has been linked to more than eight bank robberies in the Seattle-area communities of Monroe, Bothell, Mill Creek and Woodinville.
After the arrest, detectives served search warrants on the man’s home and an adult family home he owns in Snohomish County.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- For older adults, isolation can lead to overwhelming loneliness
According to an FBI news release, he often wore a full-face ski mask, gloves, a dark baseball cap or hooded shirt, and a dark, long-sleeved sweatshirt. He has been armed with a handgun or a knife.