Two drivers were fatally injured in a head-on collision near Arlington Wednesday night.
According to the State Patrol, a car driven by Andrew Enderud, 31, of Lake Stevens, was traveling south on state Highway 9 around 9 p.m. when it crossed the center line and struck a northbound vehicle.
The driver of the second vehicle, James T. Arneson, 64, of Lynnwood, was killed. His son, Thory Arneson, 38, a passenger, was injured at taken to an Everett hospital.
Enderud was taken to Harborview Medical Center, where he died shortly after 5 a.m. Thursday.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Missing Lummi Nation woman found alive, aunt says
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappeared during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends, now found alive
WSP Trooper Keith Leary said the roadway was wet at the time, and speed appears to have been a factor in the collision.