The Washington State Patrol says the now-named Boylston fire was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday seven miles east of Kittitas.
KITTITAS, Wash. (AP) — Authorities have closed Interstate 90 east of Ellensburg because of a fast-moving brush fire.
The Washington State Patrol says the now-named Boylston fire was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday seven miles (11 kilometers) east of Kittitas.
Trooper Brian Moore says the fire jumped the median to the westbound side of the interstate. Traffic was being diverted in both directions.
The state Department of Natural Resources says it was sending firefighters, airplanes and helicopters to assist local firefighters.
Most Read Local Stories
- Washington may become first state to legalize human composting
- What an Olympic medalist, homeless in Seattle, wants you to know
- Permanent daylight saving time passes state Senate 46-2; here’s what’s next
- Mayor Durkan asks state to investigate why Yakima County Jail inmates were released into downtown Seattle parking lot WATCH
- With clear skies, you can see a full moon, meteor showers and 5 planets this weekend