The Washington State Patrol says the now-named Boylston fire was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday seven miles east of Kittitas.
KITTITAS, Wash. (AP) — Authorities have closed Interstate 90 east of Ellensburg because of a fast-moving brush fire.
The Washington State Patrol says the now-named Boylston fire was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday seven miles (11 kilometers) east of Kittitas.
Trooper Brian Moore says the fire jumped the median to the westbound side of the interstate. Traffic was being diverted in both directions.
The state Department of Natural Resources says it was sending firefighters, airplanes and helicopters to assist local firefighters.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle pollution levels surge, as smoky air returns through at least Wednesday
- Richard Russell was a jokester who complained about work, but Sea-Tac plane heist still baffles friends
- 'Very high threat' Snohomish County volcano may get new monitoring stations
- Closed-door negotiations but no deal in battle over Seattle plan to upzone neighborhoods
- Washington's smoky air looks scary, but UW physician says trust your body's defenses WATCH