The Washington State Patrol says the now-named Boylston fire was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday seven miles east of Kittitas.
KITTITAS, Wash. (AP) — Authorities have closed Interstate 90 east of Ellensburg because of a fast-moving brush fire.
The Washington State Patrol says the now-named Boylston fire was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday seven miles (11 kilometers) east of Kittitas.
Trooper Brian Moore says the fire jumped the median to the westbound side of the interstate. Traffic was being diverted in both directions.
The state Department of Natural Resources says it was sending firefighters, airplanes and helicopters to assist local firefighters.
Most Read Local Stories
- For the first time in decades, the race for Congress is close in Eastern Washington
- I-940 would remove barrier to criminally charging police; critics say it would make officers timid
- Conservative political group mailer called "blatant voter suppression" by Democratic leaders
- Antibiotics in beef: Burger chains are failing the test, except for a couple right here in Washington
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW