The Washington State Patrol says the now-named Boylston fire was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday seven miles east of Kittitas.
KITTITAS, Wash. (AP) — Authorities have closed Interstate 90 east of Ellensburg because of a fast-moving brush fire.
The Washington State Patrol says the now-named Boylston fire was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday seven miles (11 kilometers) east of Kittitas.
Trooper Brian Moore says the fire jumped the median to the westbound side of the interstate. Traffic was being diverted in both directions.
The state Department of Natural Resources says it was sending firefighters, airplanes and helicopters to assist local firefighters.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Nonessential': The federal shutdown's most unusual victim is one of the Northwest's best-kept secrets | Danny Westneat
- Microsoft pledges $500 million to tackle housing crisis in Seattle, Eastside
- Three people found dead in Sammamish home WATCH
- Video released of Seattle police sergeant who sat in a chair in front of a man's workplace, seeking an apology WATCH
- Anacortes man cured of hepatitis C after willingly receiving a heart from infected donor