The Chelan Public Utility District says one of its employees has died while working at a hydroelectric dam south of Wenatchee
WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) — The Chelan Public Utility District says an employee has died while working at a hydroelectric dam south of Wenatchee.
The utility says a 40-year-old employee working on the spillway at Rock Island Dam Wednesday was hit by a piece of steel from the spillway structure. Co-workers provided first aid until medics arrived but the worker died.
The utility did not identify the employee. It says grief counselors will be available for employees Thursday.
The accident is under investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- Paul Allen, Microsoft co-founder and Seahawks owner, dies at 65
- Seattle homeless camp that allows alcohol, drug use is losing its management as tensions escalate VIEW
- ‘The Property’: A family's getaway cabin defined its dreams, until a tragic Sunday morning VIEW
- Wolf spider is autumn’s most frightening home intruder
- Canada is about to legalize cannabis; here’s what you need to know VIEW