The Chelan Public Utility District says one of its employees has died while working at a hydroelectric dam south of Wenatchee
WENATCHEE, Wash. (AP) — The Chelan Public Utility District says an employee has died while working at a hydroelectric dam south of Wenatchee.
The utility says a 40-year-old employee working on the spillway at Rock Island Dam Wednesday was hit by a piece of steel from the spillway structure. Co-workers provided first aid until medics arrived but the worker died.
The utility did not identify the employee. It says grief counselors will be available for employees Thursday.
The accident is under investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- Where to see the total lunar eclipse Sunday
- As STEM majors soar at UW, interest in humanities shrinks — a potentially costly loss
- Seattle Times poll finds strong support for more transit — but not bike lanes
- Teen dies after shooting in Renton Walmart parking lot Sunday
- New poll: Tolling freeways, city streets deeply unpopular across the board in Seattle and King County