The Mason County sheriff's office has issued an Amber alert for a 16-year-old Shelton girl they believe may have been kidnapped.
The Mason County sheriff’s office has issued an Amber alert for a 16-year-old Shelton girl they believe may have been kidnapped.
The girl was last seen at 9 p.m. Tuesday in her bedroom. Her parents discovered her missing at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday amid signs of a struggle in the room.
Chief Deputy Dean Byrd says the bedroom window was open and the screen had been cut. The room was in disarray.
Byrd says investigators are canvassing the neighborhood. They have no suspects.
Most Read Local Stories
- 15-year-old SeaTac girl charged with murder, hit-and-run in July death of Maple Valley runner
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- More fallout from how we're defunding Seattle police backward, this time in Pioneer Square
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
The girl is Hispanic, 5-foot-2 and weighs 128 pounds. She has black hair to just past her shoulders and is believed to be wearing black shorts and a black blouse.